SiT! Bugs - SiT!
View Issue Details
0000270SiT!inbound emailpublic2008-12-01 09:542009-08-16 14:38
gdavidvlk 
ivan 
normalmajoralways
closedfixed 
3.45 
3.503.50 
0000270: Accented characters truncate inbound email body
Accented characters like è,ò,à,ì,ù in incoming mail body cause truncation of retrieved text, resulting in incomplete and useless note in incident history.
majorimpact
related to 0000254closed ivan Special international characters in email is shown as ? 
child of 0000269closed kieran Mime decoding not up to scratch 
Issue History
2008-12-01 09:54gdavidvlkNew Issue
2008-12-03 17:42ivanStatusnew => confirmed
2008-12-04 17:40ivanSummaryAccented charactrers trunk inbound email body => Accented charactrers truncate inbound email body
2008-12-04 17:42ivanSummaryAccented charactrers truncate inbound email body => Accented characters truncate inbound email body
2008-12-04 17:44ivanTag Attached: majorimpact
2008-12-05 16:13ivanRelationship addedchild of 0000269
2008-12-05 23:36kieranNote Added: 0000292
2008-12-07 15:32kieranNote Added: 0000296
2008-12-07 15:32kieranStatusconfirmed => resolved
2008-12-07 15:32kieranFixed in Version => 3.45
2008-12-07 15:32kieranResolutionopen => fixed
2008-12-07 15:32kieranAssigned To => kieran
2009-02-27 16:28ivanStatusresolved => closed
2009-04-02 11:38ivanAssigned Tokieran => ivan
2009-04-02 11:38ivanNote Added: 0000880
2009-04-02 11:38ivanStatusclosed => feedback
2009-04-02 11:38ivanResolutionfixed => reopened
2009-04-02 11:39ivanStatusfeedback => confirmed
2009-04-02 11:39ivanProduct Version3.40 => 3.45
2009-04-02 11:39ivanFixed in Version3.45 =>
2009-04-02 11:39ivanRelationship addedrelated to 0000254
2009-04-02 14:25ivanNote Added: 0000882
2009-04-02 17:01gdavidvlkNote Added: 0000883
2009-04-02 17:13ivanNote Added: 0000885
2009-04-02 17:13ivanStatusconfirmed => resolved
2009-04-02 17:13ivanResolutionreopened => fixed
2009-04-02 17:13ivanFixed in Version => Current SVN
2009-04-02 17:13ivanTarget Version => 3.50
2009-08-16 13:17ivanFixed in VersionCurrent SVN => 3.50
2009-08-16 14:38ivanNote Added: 0001612
2009-08-16 14:38ivanStatusresolved => closed

Notes
(0000292)
kieran   
2008-12-05 23:36   
I have fixed the parent issue but the problem with this seems to be html_entities(), it truncates everything after the strange character, I'm not sure about just removing it though, any ideas Ivan?
(0000296)
kieran   
2008-12-07 15:32   
Resolved by svn trunk r4380.
(0000880)
ivan   
2009-04-02 11:38   
This is an issue for SiT 3.45 and svn r5304. The latest thoughts are that we might be dealing with a MySQL bug.
(0000882)
ivan   
2009-04-02 14:25   
[14:11] <Nicdev007> ericthefish: GOOD NEWS
[14:11] <Nicdev007> found the problem
[14:12] <Nicdev007> ericand parly solved it!!
[14:13] <Nicdev007> In the inboundemail.php script
[14:15] <ericthefish> hi Nicdev007
[14:15] <ericthefish> woo, really? what is it?
[14:15] <Nicdev007> good news
[14:15] <Nicdev007> ok i have spent about 2 hours rewriting this and then stumbled upon it
[14:16] <Nicdev007> in the inbound script we do this: $message = mb_convert_encoding($message, "UTF-8", strtoupper($results['Encoding']));
[14:16] <Nicdev007> but we do not do the same for $headertext
[14:17] <ericthefish> oh no, really?
[14:17] <ericthefish> your right
[14:17] <Nicdev007> so if the encoding is iso-8559-1 then the script puts the é in the db or tries to
[14:18] <Nicdev007> and does the same for "subject" in the opther db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> it writes'bodytext' and 'subject' directly to db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> or to the >2 databases
[14:19] <Nicdev007> :-D
[14:19] <Nicdev007> Wooaaa
[14:19] <Nicdev007> that was the logest i have ever looked for a bug ;-)
[14:20] <ericthefish> yeah I understand now, thanks!
[14:20] <ericthefish> wow I didn't spot that one
[14:21] <Nicdev007> yeah just checked it was the same for 3.41 thats why both are playing up on my end.. and you cannot reproduce it unless the content type is a strange one..
[14:21] <Nicdev007> pleasure .. now i feel useful!
(0000883)
gdavidvlk   
2009-04-02 17:01   
Based on your last note, I tried some debugging in inboundemail.php module.
In my case, I'm sending messages coded in ISO-8859-1 from my email client (thunderbird).
When inboundemail.php download it from the mailserver, the code

 $message = mb_convert_encoding($message, "UTF-8", strtoupper($results['Encoding']));

is NOT executed ...
So, maybe there is something wrong in the "if" directive responsible for the detection of a message to be converted or not.

Hop it helps
g
(0000885)
ivan   
2009-04-02 17:13   
This is fixed (and confirmed fixed ;) ) in svn trunk r5310
(0001612)
ivan   
2009-08-16 14:38   
Released in 3.50rc1