SiT! Bugs

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000254SiT!inbound emailpublic2008-11-27 10:072009-08-16 14:38
ReporterTomse 
Assigned Toivan 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version3.40 
Target Version3.50Fixed in Version3.50 
Summary0000254: Special international characters in email is shown as ?
DescriptionLooking at the Dashboard view the subject that should contain "ÆØÅ" is represented as ???

Opening the mail in the popup window shows the correct ÆØÅ, but the same text from the body is shown as ???

TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships
related to 0000548closed Importing emails with special characters fails to import correctly 
related to 0000270closedivan Accented characters truncate inbound email body 

-  Notes
User avatar (0000219)
ivan (administrator)
2008-11-27 10:12

I knew this would come up at some point, we don't currently honour the charset that is set in the email, we use whatever SiT is set to without any conversion.

Could you help us by saving one of your emails and attaching it? Please use a test email and strip out any confidential information (like addresses) first.

Thanks
User avatar (0000862)
ivan (administrator)
2009-03-29 12:09

This doesn't appear to be an issue any more (at svn r5290) but we could use some testing with various character encodings just to make sure.
User avatar (0000881)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-02 14:24

[14:11] <Nicdev007> ericthefish: GOOD NEWS
[14:11] <Nicdev007> found the problem
[14:12] <Nicdev007> ericand parly solved it!!
[14:13] <Nicdev007> In the inboundemail.php script
[14:15] <ericthefish> hi Nicdev007
[14:15] <ericthefish> woo, really? what is it?
[14:15] <Nicdev007> good news
[14:15] <Nicdev007> ok i have spent about 2 hours rewriting this and then stumbled upon it
[14:16] <Nicdev007> in the inbound script we do this: $message = mb_convert_encoding($message, "UTF-8", strtoupper($results['Encoding']));
[14:16] <Nicdev007> but we do not do the same for $headertext
[14:17] <ericthefish> oh no, really?
[14:17] <ericthefish> your right
[14:17] <Nicdev007> so if the encoding is iso-8559-1 then the script puts the é in the db or tries to
[14:18] <Nicdev007> and does the same for "subject" in the opther db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> it writes'bodytext' and 'subject' directly to db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> or to the >2 databases
[14:19] <Nicdev007> :-D
[14:19] <Nicdev007> Wooaaa
[14:19] <Nicdev007> that was the logest i have ever looked for a bug ;-)
[14:20] <ericthefish> yeah I understand now, thanks!
[14:20] <ericthefish> wow I didn't spot that one
[14:21] <Nicdev007> yeah just checked it was the same for 3.41 thats why both are playing up on my end.. and you cannot reproduce it unless the content type is a strange one..
[14:21] <Nicdev007> pleasure .. now i feel useful!
User avatar (0000884)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-02 17:12

This is resolved now as of svn trunk r5309
User avatar (0001613)
ivan (administrator)
2009-08-16 14:38

Released in 3.50rc1

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-11-27 10:07 Tomse New Issue
2008-11-27 10:12 ivan Note Added: 0000219
2008-11-27 10:12 ivan Status new => confirmed
2009-03-29 12:06 ivan Relationship added related to 0000548
2009-03-29 12:09 ivan Note Added: 0000862
2009-03-29 12:09 ivan Status confirmed => feedback
2009-03-29 12:09 ivan Resolution open => fixed
2009-04-02 11:39 ivan Relationship added related to 0000270
2009-04-02 14:24 ivan Note Added: 0000881
2009-04-02 14:24 ivan Assigned To => ivan
2009-04-02 14:24 ivan Status feedback => assigned
2009-04-02 17:12 ivan Note Added: 0000884
2009-04-02 17:12 ivan Status assigned => resolved
2009-04-02 17:12 ivan Fixed in Version => Current SVN
2009-04-02 17:12 ivan Target Version => 3.50
2009-08-16 13:17 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.50
2009-08-16 14:38 ivan Note Added: 0001613
2009-08-16 14:38 ivan Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker