SiT! Bugs

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000270SiT!inbound emailpublic2008-12-01 09:542009-08-16 14:38
Reportergdavidvlk 
Assigned Toivan 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version3.45 
Target Version3.50Fixed in Version3.50 
Summary0000270: Accented characters truncate inbound email body
DescriptionAccented characters like è,ò,à,ì,ù in incoming mail body cause truncation of retrieved text, resulting in incomplete and useless note in incident history.
Tagsmajorimpact
Attached Files

- Relationships
related to 0000254closedivan Special international characters in email is shown as ? 
child of 0000269closedkieran Mime decoding not up to scratch 

-  Notes
User avatar (0000292)
kieran (administrator)
2008-12-05 23:36

I have fixed the parent issue but the problem with this seems to be html_entities(), it truncates everything after the strange character, I'm not sure about just removing it though, any ideas Ivan?
User avatar (0000296)
kieran (administrator)
2008-12-07 15:32

Resolved by svn trunk r4380.
User avatar (0000880)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-02 11:38

This is an issue for SiT 3.45 and svn r5304. The latest thoughts are that we might be dealing with a MySQL bug.
User avatar (0000882)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-02 14:25

[14:11] <Nicdev007> ericthefish: GOOD NEWS
[14:11] <Nicdev007> found the problem
[14:12] <Nicdev007> ericand parly solved it!!
[14:13] <Nicdev007> In the inboundemail.php script
[14:15] <ericthefish> hi Nicdev007
[14:15] <ericthefish> woo, really? what is it?
[14:15] <Nicdev007> good news
[14:15] <Nicdev007> ok i have spent about 2 hours rewriting this and then stumbled upon it
[14:16] <Nicdev007> in the inbound script we do this: $message = mb_convert_encoding($message, "UTF-8", strtoupper($results['Encoding']));
[14:16] <Nicdev007> but we do not do the same for $headertext
[14:17] <ericthefish> oh no, really?
[14:17] <ericthefish> your right
[14:17] <Nicdev007> so if the encoding is iso-8559-1 then the script puts the é in the db or tries to
[14:18] <Nicdev007> and does the same for "subject" in the opther db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> it writes'bodytext' and 'subject' directly to db
[14:18] <Nicdev007> or to the >2 databases
[14:19] <Nicdev007> :-D
[14:19] <Nicdev007> Wooaaa
[14:19] <Nicdev007> that was the logest i have ever looked for a bug ;-)
[14:20] <ericthefish> yeah I understand now, thanks!
[14:20] <ericthefish> wow I didn't spot that one
[14:21] <Nicdev007> yeah just checked it was the same for 3.41 thats why both are playing up on my end.. and you cannot reproduce it unless the content type is a strange one..
[14:21] <Nicdev007> pleasure .. now i feel useful!
(0000883)
gdavidvlk (reporter)
2009-04-02 17:01

Based on your last note, I tried some debugging in inboundemail.php module.
In my case, I'm sending messages coded in ISO-8859-1 from my email client (thunderbird).
When inboundemail.php download it from the mailserver, the code

 $message = mb_convert_encoding($message, "UTF-8", strtoupper($results['Encoding']));

is NOT executed ...
So, maybe there is something wrong in the "if" directive responsible for the detection of a message to be converted or not.

Hop it helps
g
User avatar (0000885)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-02 17:13

This is fixed (and confirmed fixed ;) ) in svn trunk r5310
User avatar (0001612)
ivan (administrator)
2009-08-16 14:38

Released in 3.50rc1

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-12-01 09:54 gdavidvlk New Issue
2008-12-03 17:42 ivan Status new => confirmed
2008-12-04 17:40 ivan Summary Accented charactrers trunk inbound email body => Accented charactrers truncate inbound email body
2008-12-04 17:42 ivan Summary Accented charactrers truncate inbound email body => Accented characters truncate inbound email body
2008-12-04 17:44 ivan Tag Attached: majorimpact
2008-12-05 16:13 ivan Relationship added child of 0000269
2008-12-05 23:36 kieran Note Added: 0000292
2008-12-07 15:32 kieran Note Added: 0000296
2008-12-07 15:32 kieran Status confirmed => resolved
2008-12-07 15:32 kieran Fixed in Version => 3.45
2008-12-07 15:32 kieran Resolution open => fixed
2008-12-07 15:32 kieran Assigned To => kieran
2009-02-27 16:28 ivan Status resolved => closed
2009-04-02 11:38 ivan Assigned To kieran => ivan
2009-04-02 11:38 ivan Note Added: 0000880
2009-04-02 11:38 ivan Status closed => feedback
2009-04-02 11:38 ivan Resolution fixed => reopened
2009-04-02 11:39 ivan Status feedback => confirmed
2009-04-02 11:39 ivan Product Version 3.40 => 3.45
2009-04-02 11:39 ivan Fixed in Version 3.45 =>
2009-04-02 11:39 ivan Relationship added related to 0000254
2009-04-02 14:25 ivan Note Added: 0000882
2009-04-02 17:01 gdavidvlk Note Added: 0000883
2009-04-02 17:13 ivan Note Added: 0000885
2009-04-02 17:13 ivan Status confirmed => resolved
2009-04-02 17:13 ivan Resolution reopened => fixed
2009-04-02 17:13 ivan Fixed in Version => Current SVN
2009-04-02 17:13 ivan Target Version => 3.50
2009-08-16 13:17 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.50
2009-08-16 14:38 ivan Note Added: 0001612
2009-08-16 14:38 ivan Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker