SiT! Bugs

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000470SiT!incidentspublic2009-02-06 14:442010-03-01 09:49
Reporternicdev 
Assigned Toivan 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version3.41 
Target Version3.60 LTSFixed in Version3.50 
Summary0000470: Drafts do not save correctly
DescriptionWhen doing (mostly e-mail) the drafts are not saving correctly. We get the message "draft saved at..." but either the draft is blank or is missing some fields, like the "reply to" field.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships
related to 0000628closedivan autocomplete breaks with non-english characters 

-  Notes
User avatar (0000589)
paulh (administrator)
2009-02-07 13:36

The replyto field is fixed in SVN which other fields are missing?
User avatar (0000594)
nicdev (developer)
2009-02-09 08:33

Hi Paul, Actually we have different appearances. The worst is for one user, in his case the entire draft is blank... At first i thought it was his Laptop (Java etc.) but then i logged out at my desk, and logged him in in my station, and it still does not work for him, even though it works for me on the same station. This is the worst because even though it says "draft saved at xx:xx" when he tries to recall it he gets a completely blank save returned.

We have thought it may be a good idea to add a "save as draft" button that saves a draft to the users station when he needs to, without waiting for autosaves, that could give a more confident save.
User avatar (0000595)
nicdev (developer)
2009-02-09 08:35

It may be worth while to note that he uses the French interface, and i use the English ... not sure that makes a difference.
User avatar (0000599)
ivan (administrator)
2009-02-09 15:29

Have tested drafts in svn and they work fine, saving all fields correctly. I've also added a small 'save' icon to allow saving of drafts manually. Drafts are saved every 10 seconds so this isn't really needed, but for the paranoid... :)
User avatar (0000794)
nicdev (developer)
2009-03-20 09:41

Hi Ivan, i have finally found the problem with this and i know why you could not recreate it. The user in question had a "รง" in his default signature, and this was the cause of all the problems. When i removed this the drafts started working immediately!

It seems there are still a lot of places where special characters are not escaped correctly. I found a lot of these in the access log of apache (it was a bit hidden in the autosave.php line):

Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in C:\\wamp\\www\\sit\\includes\\functions.inc.php @ line 5748

I am sure if you try this it will show up the same for you...
User avatar (0000849)
ivan (administrator)
2009-03-28 16:34

I can confirm this with SiT svn r5272 drafts are completely empty when using non-ascii characters.

See http://sitracker.org/wiki/Development/Test_Data [^] for some strings to try.

Paul: can you take a look? I can't see where this is going wrong. thanks.
User avatar (0000869)
paulh (administrator)
2009-03-29 19:59

It seems to be cleanvar which is causing this, in ajaxdata.php if I look at $_REQUEST['content'] it looks ok though cleanvar($_REQUEST['content']) is empty
User avatar (0000887)
ivan (administrator)
2009-04-03 10:06

This is related to bug 628 because it's the cleanvar call that is messing up the character handling, still pondering what to do about it.
User avatar (0001506)
ivan (administrator)
2009-08-05 13:45

Still an issue as of svn r5733
User avatar (0002405)
paulh (administrator)
2010-02-20 17:33

Unable to repro with 3.51, a good number of fixes have been added to the drafts in 3.51 around utf8
User avatar (0002495)
paulh (administrator)
2010-02-25 21:22

Unable to reproduce with latest code can people confirm before this one gets closed?
User avatar (0002552)
nicdev (developer)
2010-03-01 08:44

I confirm it is fixed what seems to be from 3.50 onwards. It can be closed.

Thanks
User avatar (0002555)
ivan (administrator)
2010-03-01 09:48

Reported already fixed at 3.50. Thanks Nico.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-02-06 14:44 nicdev New Issue
2009-02-07 13:36 paulh Note Added: 0000589
2009-02-07 13:36 paulh Status new => feedback
2009-02-09 08:33 nicdev Note Added: 0000594
2009-02-09 08:35 nicdev Note Added: 0000595
2009-02-09 08:35 nicdev Status feedback => new
2009-02-09 15:29 ivan Note Added: 0000599
2009-02-09 15:29 ivan Status new => resolved
2009-02-09 15:29 ivan Resolution open => no change required
2009-02-09 15:29 ivan Fixed in Version => Current SVN
2009-02-27 13:58 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.45
2009-02-27 13:58 ivan Target Version => 3.45
2009-02-27 16:24 ivan Status resolved => closed
2009-03-20 09:41 nicdev Assigned To => ivan
2009-03-20 09:41 nicdev Note Added: 0000794
2009-03-20 09:41 nicdev Status closed => feedback
2009-03-20 09:41 nicdev Resolution no change required => reopened
2009-03-28 16:34 ivan Note Added: 0000849
2009-03-28 16:34 ivan Assigned To ivan => paulh
2009-03-28 16:34 ivan Status feedback => assigned
2009-03-29 19:59 paulh Note Added: 0000869
2009-04-03 10:05 ivan Relationship added related to 0000628
2009-04-03 10:06 ivan Note Added: 0000887
2009-04-17 19:52 paulh Assigned To paulh => ivan
2009-08-05 13:45 ivan Note Added: 0001506
2009-08-05 13:46 ivan Target Version 3.45 => 3.60
2010-02-20 17:33 paulh Note Added: 0002405
2010-02-25 21:22 paulh Note Added: 0002495
2010-02-25 21:22 paulh Status assigned => feedback
2010-03-01 08:44 nicdev Note Added: 0002552
2010-03-01 09:48 ivan Note Added: 0002555
2010-03-01 09:48 ivan Status feedback => resolved
2010-03-01 09:48 ivan Fixed in Version 3.45 => 3.50
2010-03-01 09:48 ivan Resolution reopened => fixed
2010-03-01 09:49 ivan Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker