|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-09-20 22:17 BST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000470||SiT!||incidents||public||2009-02-06 14:44||2010-03-01 09:49|
|Target Version||3.60 LTS||Fixed in Version||3.50|
|Summary||0000470: Drafts do not save correctly|
|Description||When doing (mostly e-mail) the drafts are not saving correctly. We get the message "draft saved at..." but either the draft is blank or is missing some fields, like the "reply to" field.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|The replyto field is fixed in SVN which other fields are missing?|
Hi Paul, Actually we have different appearances. The worst is for one user, in his case the entire draft is blank... At first i thought it was his Laptop (Java etc.) but then i logged out at my desk, and logged him in in my station, and it still does not work for him, even though it works for me on the same station. This is the worst because even though it says "draft saved at xx:xx" when he tries to recall it he gets a completely blank save returned.
We have thought it may be a good idea to add a "save as draft" button that saves a draft to the users station when he needs to, without waiting for autosaves, that could give a more confident save.
|It may be worth while to note that he uses the French interface, and i use the English ... not sure that makes a difference.|
|Have tested drafts in svn and they work fine, saving all fields correctly. I've also added a small 'save' icon to allow saving of drafts manually. Drafts are saved every 10 seconds so this isn't really needed, but for the paranoid... :)|
Hi Ivan, i have finally found the problem with this and i know why you could not recreate it. The user in question had a "ç" in his default signature, and this was the cause of all the problems. When i removed this the drafts started working immediately!
It seems there are still a lot of places where special characters are not escaped correctly. I found a lot of these in the access log of apache (it was a bit hidden in the autosave.php line):
Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in C:\\wamp\\www\\sit\\includes\\functions.inc.php @ line 5748
I am sure if you try this it will show up the same for you...
I can confirm this with SiT svn r5272 drafts are completely empty when using non-ascii characters.
See http://sitracker.org/wiki/Development/Test_Data [^] for some strings to try.
Paul: can you take a look? I can't see where this is going wrong. thanks.
|It seems to be cleanvar which is causing this, in ajaxdata.php if I look at $_REQUEST['content'] it looks ok though cleanvar($_REQUEST['content']) is empty|
|This is related to bug 628 because it's the cleanvar call that is messing up the character handling, still pondering what to do about it.|
|Still an issue as of svn r5733|
|Unable to repro with 3.51, a good number of fixes have been added to the drafts in 3.51 around utf8|
|Unable to reproduce with latest code can people confirm before this one gets closed?|
I confirm it is fixed what seems to be from 3.50 onwards. It can be closed.
|Reported already fixed at 3.50. Thanks Nico.|
|2009-02-06 14:44||nicdev||New Issue|
|2009-02-07 13:36||paulh||Note Added: 0000589|
|2009-02-07 13:36||paulh||Status||new => feedback|
|2009-02-09 08:33||nicdev||Note Added: 0000594|
|2009-02-09 08:35||nicdev||Note Added: 0000595|
|2009-02-09 08:35||nicdev||Status||feedback => new|
|2009-02-09 15:29||ivan||Note Added: 0000599|
|2009-02-09 15:29||ivan||Status||new => resolved|
|2009-02-09 15:29||ivan||Resolution||open => no change required|
|2009-02-09 15:29||ivan||Fixed in Version||=> Current SVN|
|2009-02-27 13:58||ivan||Fixed in Version||Current SVN => 3.45|
|2009-02-27 13:58||ivan||Target Version||=> 3.45|
|2009-02-27 16:24||ivan||Status||resolved => closed|
|2009-03-20 09:41||nicdev||Assigned To||=> ivan|
|2009-03-20 09:41||nicdev||Note Added: 0000794|
|2009-03-20 09:41||nicdev||Status||closed => feedback|
|2009-03-20 09:41||nicdev||Resolution||no change required => reopened|
|2009-03-28 16:34||ivan||Note Added: 0000849|
|2009-03-28 16:34||ivan||Assigned To||ivan => paulh|
|2009-03-28 16:34||ivan||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2009-03-29 19:59||paulh||Note Added: 0000869|
|2009-04-03 10:05||ivan||Relationship added||related to 0000628|
|2009-04-03 10:06||ivan||Note Added: 0000887|
|2009-04-17 19:52||paulh||Assigned To||paulh => ivan|
|2009-08-05 13:45||ivan||Note Added: 0001506|
|2009-08-05 13:46||ivan||Target Version||3.45 => 3.60|
|2010-02-20 17:33||paulh||Note Added: 0002405|
|2010-02-25 21:22||paulh||Note Added: 0002495|
|2010-02-25 21:22||paulh||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2010-03-01 08:44||nicdev||Note Added: 0002552|
|2010-03-01 09:48||ivan||Note Added: 0002555|
|2010-03-01 09:48||ivan||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2010-03-01 09:48||ivan||Fixed in Version||3.45 => 3.50|
|2010-03-01 09:48||ivan||Resolution||reopened => fixed|
|2010-03-01 09:49||ivan||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|