|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-07-14 09:49 BST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000641||SiT!||inbound email||public||2009-04-09 14:49||2009-08-16 14:38|
|Target Version||3.50||Fixed in Version||3.50|
|Summary||0000641: Pictures inside the emailbody are not imported as in previous vesions|
|Description||In the past a picture in the mail body was imported with the email as an attachment, but today it is removed and there is no indication that there was a picture in the mail before..|
We rely a lot on screenshots for customers to explain the issues, but the engineer sometimes wastes a lot of time to ask for screenshots that were already sent in the first place, and some customers are a "bit" annoyed..
Is it a function that was removed or did it disappear as a bug?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
edited on: 2009-04-09 15:21
All pictures should be treated as attachments just as in past releases, I'm not aware of any problem with this and I've received hundreds of pictures (and yes they're usually screenshots ;) ) without any problem.
I think it's more likely to be something to with another exotic mail format, can you forward one of them to my test account, click here for the address
(Updated: wrong url the first time, whoops)
I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure this one out, but i cannot..
I did find however that it stopped working the moment we changed to the new mime_parser_inc_.php script ..
In the sit.log i can see it finds the image but it does not put it into the directory "updates". I found in the beginning that we had issues with "read only" rights, but after solving that the problem remains..
i am emailing you a part of the sit.log to see what i mean...
I can repro this with the email that you've sent me. I get this warning in the logs:
009-04-16T11:49:38+01:00 auto.php ERROR: Warning mb_convert_encoding(): Illegal character encoding specified in /home/ivan/src/sit/trunk/inboundemail.php at line 170
2009-04-16T11:49:38+01:00 auto.php Converted 'from header' encoding from to UTF-8
It does look like it might be related, but not totally sure at the moment.
This is fixed in svn trunk r5326.
The mb_convert_encoding() warning turned out to be unrelated but that now is fixed also.
The problem was that some emails are sent as mime multipart/related which we weren't handling. multipart/related emails are parsed differently and we were looking in the wrong place for the attached picture. SiT now treats multipart/related and multipart/alternative attachments just the same.
|Released in 3.50rc1|
|2009-04-09 14:49||nicdev||New Issue|
|2009-04-09 15:20||ivan||Note Added: 0000900|
|2009-04-09 15:20||ivan||Status||new => feedback|
|2009-04-09 15:21||ivan||Note Edited: 0000900|
|2009-04-10 15:43||nicdev||Note Added: 0000911|
|2009-04-16 11:52||ivan||Note Added: 0000917|
|2009-04-16 11:52||ivan||Status||feedback => confirmed|
|2009-04-16 12:04||ivan||Status||confirmed => assigned|
|2009-04-16 12:04||ivan||Assigned To||=> ivan|
|2009-04-16 16:03||ivan||Note Added: 0000918|
|2009-04-16 16:03||ivan||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2009-04-16 16:03||ivan||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2009-04-16 16:03||ivan||Fixed in Version||=> Current SVN|
|2009-04-16 16:03||ivan||Target Version||=> 3.50|
|2009-08-16 13:17||ivan||Fixed in Version||Current SVN => 3.50|
|2009-08-16 14:38||ivan||Note Added: 0001580|
|2009-08-16 14:38||ivan||Status||resolved => closed|
|2009-09-10 13:19||ivan||Relationship added||related to 0000932|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|