SiT! Bugs

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000848SiT!outbound emailpublic2009-08-04 21:182009-10-15 21:55
ReporterTomse 
Assigned Toivan 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version3.45 
Target Version3.50Fixed in Version3.50 
Summary0000848: incident_email.php - some mail clients don't receive body texts
DescriptionNicdev discovered a strange bug

Several different systems have been tested on receiving mails.
It appears different from system to system

gmail = works fine
hotmail = no body
exchange(2003) = no body
qmail/spamassassin = no mail received, some went through with no body, and some didn't, depending on different settings ericthefish made.

Servers tested:
Windows Server with WAMPP
Windows Server 2003 with IIS

Server with no problems tested:
FreeBSD/Apache
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships
has duplicate 0000949closed Emails sent from UPDATE window are blank when received 

-  Notes
User avatar (0001514)
nicdev (developer)
2009-08-06 15:21

Ivan/Tomse,

I could not patch my 3.45 succesfully with the changes, so i installed a copy of trunk, and ran the tests, but still the result is the same ... maybe if i have some time i can install 3.50beta 1 and then patch that and test again...
User avatar (0001515)
nicdev (developer)
2009-08-06 15:22

it is interesting to note that i am sending directly to our exchange server, i did not try with another smtp server, but on our site the exchange/SMTP server address is the same.
User avatar (0001516)
ivan (administrator)
2009-08-06 16:28

I'm not sure that we're going to be able to resolve this for the 3.50 release. I don't want to delay 3.50 much longer, nor do I want to make last minute changes that might introduce further bugs. :-/

I'll have another go at trying to figure this out tonight but if I can't find anything we might have to return to this one for the next release.
User avatar (0001827)
ivan (administrator)
2009-08-26 17:02

See also this forum thread http://sitracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1416866 [^]
User avatar (0001926)
ivan (administrator)
2009-09-11 11:20

I've attempted to fix this in the current SVN by inserting an additional CRLF between the headers and the bodytext. I've never been able to reproduce this with my own systems though it does seem to be OS or Mail server related. So it would be useful to get some feedback in 3.50rc2.
User avatar (0001927)
ivan (administrator)
2009-09-11 12:41

see http://github.com/sitracker/sitracker/commit/9d9ea31ba737c4caec45bac22f04c93781fd44a6 [^]
User avatar (0002007)
ivan (administrator)
2009-09-21 16:16

This is apparently not resolved.
Discussions on the forum (http://sitracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1416866 [^]) and on IRC have shown that this problem still exists.
User avatar (0002008)
ivan (administrator)
2009-09-21 17:59

/**
    * public:
    * Send mail via local mailer
    */
    function send_mail($force=false)
    {
        $this->errstr = '';
        $email = $this->gen_email($force);
        if (empty($this->to)) {
            $this->errstr = "To Address not specified";
            return 0;
        }
        if (is_array($this->mailer) && (1 == sizeof($this->mailer)) ) {
            $mail_obj = $this->mailer['name'];
            $mail_method = $this->mailer['method'];
            if (empty($mail_obj)) {
                $this->errstr = "Invalid object name passed to send_mail()";
                return 0;
            }
            global $mail_obj;
            eval("$ret = \$$mail_obj".'->'."$mail_method;");
            return $ret;
        }
        $splitmsg = explode(CRLF.CRLF, $email,2);
        return mail($this->to, $this->subject, $splitmsg[1], $splitmsg[0]);
    }
User avatar (0002014)
ivan (administrator)
2009-09-22 16:09

sitracker3 * r79b7950 / lib/mime.inc.php : Send email body and headers as separate params to mail() - fixes Mantis 848 - http://bit.ly/951YF [^]

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-08-04 21:18 Tomse New Issue
2009-08-05 10:49 ivan Status new => confirmed
2009-08-05 10:49 ivan Target Version => 3.50
2009-08-05 14:12 ivan Status confirmed => assigned
2009-08-05 14:12 ivan Assigned To => ivan
2009-08-06 15:21 nicdev Note Added: 0001514
2009-08-06 15:22 nicdev Note Added: 0001515
2009-08-06 16:28 ivan Note Added: 0001516
2009-08-26 17:02 ivan Note Added: 0001827
2009-09-11 11:20 ivan Note Added: 0001926
2009-09-11 11:20 ivan Status assigned => resolved
2009-09-11 11:20 ivan Fixed in Version => Current SVN
2009-09-11 11:20 ivan Resolution open => fixed
2009-09-11 12:41 ivan Note Added: 0001927
2009-09-12 12:06 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.50
2009-09-19 23:21 ivan Relationship added has duplicate 0000949
2009-09-21 16:16 ivan Note Added: 0002007
2009-09-21 16:16 ivan Status resolved => confirmed
2009-09-21 17:59 ivan Note Added: 0002008
2009-09-22 16:09 ivan Note Added: 0002014
2009-09-22 16:09 ivan Status confirmed => resolved
2009-09-22 16:09 ivan Fixed in Version 3.50 => Current SVN
2009-10-15 20:38 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.50
2009-10-15 21:55 ivan Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker