SiT! Bugs

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000977SiT!knowledge basepublic2009-10-09 09:302009-10-15 21:55
Reporterpaulh 
Assigned Tonicdev 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version 
Target Version3.50Fixed in Version3.50 
Summary0000977: KB browse shows wrong owner
DescriptionWhen browsing the list of KB articles it shows "sit" as the author though when you click on the article it shows the engineers name
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
User avatar (0002081)
nicdev (developer)
2009-10-09 09:40

Hi,

I can confirm this one, it it is the same since 3.45 and still is there in 3.5RC3.
User avatar (0002082)
nicdev (developer)
2009-10-09 10:03
edited on: 2009-10-09 10:03

Paul i have found the issue but it is a bit deeper than this.

It seems that after changing to 3.45, we changed the way we wrote the author to the database, and the author name is stored directly in the DB instead of his 'id' thus the script cannot find him (it looks for an id).

I will investigate more as to why but for now a quick solution would be to directly access the DB and manually change the name to the users id.

User avatar (0002083)
nicdev (developer)
2009-10-09 10:16

Fixed in SVN Revision 5931.

Fix is to kb_article.php as it was pushing the user's real name to the DB which is why the list displayed it incorrectly.

**Note: Any KB articles created since v3.45 need to verified in the DB, and if the realname is found, it should be changed to the userid
User avatar (0002084)
nicdev (developer)
2009-10-09 12:59

We decided it would be best to make the list display correctly without asking anyone to modify the DB.
User avatar (0002085)
nicdev (developer)
2009-10-09 13:02

Fixed this in Branches 3.x (Revision 5932) in SVN.

I have tested on my side. Can anyone confirm it is now fixed?
User avatar (0002088)
paulh (administrator)
2009-10-11 16:45

Cheers Nicdev, I can confirm that this does fix the issue.

Thanks again, Paul

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-10-09 09:30 paulh New Issue
2009-10-09 09:40 nicdev Note Added: 0002081
2009-10-09 09:41 nicdev Assigned To => nicdev
2009-10-09 09:41 nicdev Status new => confirmed
2009-10-09 10:03 nicdev Note Added: 0002082
2009-10-09 10:03 nicdev Note Edited: 0002082 View Revisions
2009-10-09 10:16 nicdev Note Added: 0002083
2009-10-09 10:16 nicdev Status confirmed => resolved
2009-10-09 10:16 nicdev Fixed in Version => 3.50
2009-10-09 10:16 nicdev Resolution open => fixed
2009-10-09 12:59 nicdev Note Added: 0002084
2009-10-09 12:59 nicdev Status resolved => feedback
2009-10-09 12:59 nicdev Resolution fixed => reopened
2009-10-09 13:02 nicdev Note Added: 0002085
2009-10-09 13:02 nicdev Status feedback => assigned
2009-10-09 13:18 ivan Status assigned => resolved
2009-10-09 13:18 ivan Resolution reopened => fixed
2009-10-09 13:18 ivan Fixed in Version 3.50 => Current SVN
2009-10-09 13:18 ivan Target Version => 3.50
2009-10-11 16:45 paulh Note Added: 0002088
2009-10-15 20:38 ivan Fixed in Version Current SVN => 3.50
2009-10-15 21:55 ivan Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker